I love to read and recommend books to my students, but even I have
to rely on outside resources to help me review books. I found Anita
Silvey's Children's Book-a-Day Almanac on a recent search. She ties the book that she reviews to that particular calendar day. How interesting!
I found it to be a valuable site for students, teachers and parents. Anita Silvey is the author of 100 Best Books for Children and indeed an expert, as she estimates that she has read about 125,000 children's books in the past 40 years. Her site includes summaries, histories of books, and an archive list of books by age group, book type, subject, and more.
I'll be sure to keep her site on my favorites list!
Video with Anita Silvey:

Looks like a great site! I'll use it with my kids when they are looking for good books to read. :-)
ReplyDelete